Maker Camp is funded in part by the Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation and the generous support of the Members of Make: Community.
WHAT WILL YOU MAKE?PRINT THESE INSTRUCTIONS
WHAT WILL YOU NEED?
- 2 tongue depressors (or popsicle sticks!)
- 2 pennies
- 1 thick rubber band that is less than the length of the tongue depressor
- 2 small rubber bands
Add One Rubber Band
- Pull the thick rubber band around one tongue depressor.
- Make sure that the rubber band doesn’t have any twists in it! It should be flush against the tongue depressor.
Add the Pennies
- Place one of the pennies about half an inch from the end of a tongue depressor and sandwich it between both of the tongue depressors.
- Wrap one of the smaller rubber bands around the tongue depressors above the penny as many times as you can without breaking the rubber band.
- Repeat this step with the remaining penny and rubber band on the other end of the tongue depressors.
Your safety is your own responsibility, including proper use of equipment and safety gear, and determining whether you have adequate skill and experience. Power tools, electricity, and other resources used for these projects are dangerous, unless used properly and with adequate precautions, including safety gear and adult supervision. Some illustrative photos do not depict safety precautions or equipment, in order to show the project steps more clearly. Use of the instructions and suggestions found in Maker Camp is at your own risk. Make Community, LLC, disclaims all responsibility for any resulting damage, injury, or expense.
Kits and Books From Maker Shed
Make: produces a variety of great products and helpful project tutorials to enhance your making experience.