Maker Camp is funded in part by the Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation and the generous support of the Members of Make: Community.
WHAT WILL YOU MAKE?PRINT THESE INSTRUCTIONS
WHAT WILL YOU NEED?
- 8"-10" PVC pipe (1/2" thick)
- Pool noodle or other thick piece of foam
- Bamboo Skewer
- Hot Glue
- X-acto knife or scissors
Cut Your Foam
- Firmly press the PVC pipe into the foam.
- Make a core by cutting around the indentation that you made in the foam. Check to see if it fits inside the pipe.
- If it doesn’t fit, then use the scissors or X-acto knife to trim it, but don’t trim the core too much because it must create a seal inside of the pipe
Build the Slider
- Cut off the sharp tip of the bamboo skewer to dull it.
- Add a drop of hot glue to the tip of the skewer and insert it into the bottom of the foam core.
- Reinforce the slider by taping the bottom edge of the foam core to the skewer.
Your safety is your own responsibility, including proper use of equipment and safety gear, and determining whether you have adequate skill and experience. Power tools, electricity, and other resources used for these projects are dangerous, unless used properly and with adequate precautions, including safety gear and adult supervision. Some illustrative photos do not depict safety precautions or equipment, in order to show the project steps more clearly. Use of the instructions and suggestions found in Maker Camp is at your own risk. Make Community, LLC, disclaims all responsibility for any resulting damage, injury, or expense.
Kits and Books From Maker Shed
Make: produces a variety of great products and helpful project tutorials to enhance your making experience.