Maker Camp is funded in part by the Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation and the generous support of the Members of Make: Community.
WHAT WILL YOU MAKE?PRINT THESE INSTRUCTIONS
WHAT WILL YOU NEED?
- Pizza Box
- Aluminum Foil
- Plastic Wrap
- Black Construction Paper
- Glue Stick
- Box Cutter
- Bamboo skewer or wooden dowel or any stick that is at least 1' long
Cut and Line the Box
- Use the ruler and box cutter to cut a three-sided flap into the top of the pizza box lid. Make sure to leave at least an inch of border around the flap.
- Glue aluminum foil to the bottom side of the lid and the insides of the box.
- Try to make the foil as smooth as possible, like a mirror.
Add the Plastic Wrap
- Stretch some plastic wrap across the opening on top of the lid of the box and tape it down.
- Now add another layer of plastic wrap below the opening and tape it to the lid.
- Do not tape any plastic wrap to the flap that is lined with foil. It should only be taped to the edges of the lid across the opening.
Add the Construction Paper
- Line the bottom of the box with black construction paper and glue it down.
Your safety is your own responsibility, including proper use of equipment and safety gear, and determining whether you have adequate skill and experience. Power tools, electricity, and other resources used for these projects are dangerous, unless used properly and with adequate precautions, including safety gear and adult supervision. Some illustrative photos do not depict safety precautions or equipment, in order to show the project steps more clearly. Use of the instructions and suggestions found in Maker Camp is at your own risk. Make Community, LLC, disclaims all responsibility for any resulting damage, injury, or expense.
Kits and Books From Maker Shed
Make: produces a variety of great products and helpful project tutorials to enhance your making experience.