The Engineering of Puppetry with Dave English and CodeJoy!
Join Kelsey Derringer from CodeJoy and award-winning master puppeteer and educator Dave English to create puppets from craft supplies and common household items! Make along with Kelsey as we also explore Dave’s workshop and ask him questions. We’ll be focusing on how to make different puppet mouths. Part make-and-take webinar, part crafting class, part interview, this class is a blast for anyone!
Register for the Zoom class here
(space limited to 10 participants, first come first served) or simply watch live @familymakercamp
- cardboard box (corrugated or chipboard, cereal boxes are great!)
- 1-2 rubber bands
- 2 paper clips
- Scissors; or cutting blade and cutting mat
- Tape or hot glue
- Optional: construction paper or regular paper
- Optional: pipe cleaner or twist tie
- Optional: Other decorating supplies
AUDIENCE: Kids age 6+, parents, teachers, classrooms, makers, artists