- This event has passed.
Glowing Disembodied Hand (with Programmable Options!)
October 19, 2020 @ 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm PDT
Make a CPX Glowing Disembodied Hand with Kathy Ceceri (and MakeCode)!No 3D printer? No problem! Make a life-like disembodied hand with nothing but masking tape, then light it up with an inexpensive string of LEDs.
You can even make it programmable with a BBC Micro:bit or Adafruit Circuit Playground Express and free, online MakeCode!
- masking tape
- card stock or other heavy paper
- disposable straw, tongue depressor, or stiff paper rolled up into a straw-shaped tube
- string of “fairy lights” (6 volts, battery powered, available at dollar stores) — Halloween themed is great!
- Circuit Playground Express – Base Kit or BBC Micro:bit with USB data cable
- Adafruit NeoPixel LED Strip w/ Alligator Clips
See the detailed project guide for a similar project here.
Watch LIVE on the Family Maker Camp FB page or on the Make: Kids Youtube channel.
Get the MakeCode code here.
Find out more on how to use Adafruit Circuit Playground Express HERE.