PVC Stomp Rocket Launcher!
Make your own PVC Stomp Rocket Launcher with Maker Camp Leader Sandy Roberts! With just $5 worth of PVC, an old 2-liter soda bottle, and your imagination, make this easy to build, portable rocket launcher! Once you’ve built your launcher you can experiment and prototype until you create the perfect rocket for maximum flight height or distance.
Watch and make LIVE on the Family Maker Camp FB page or on the Kids Make: Youtube channel.
Stomp Rocket templates:
Get more project ideas from Sandy’s book: The Big Book of Maker Camp Projects
Check out the Kaleidoscope Enrichment site: www.kaleidoscopeenrichment.com
Follow Sandy and find projects on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/kaleidoscopeenrichment/
- 1 empty (and rinsed) 2-liter plastic soft drink bottle
- 2½-inch PVC tee connectors
- 1½-inch PVC connector
- 2½-inch PVC caps
- 5-foot length of ½-inch PVC pipe
- Hacksaw or PVC cutter
- Duct tape
- Invisible tape
- paper towel or scrap paper
- A wooden dowel or a spare piece of PVC
- Markers and stickers to decorate