D.I.T. Family Maker Camp T-shirts with Fearless Maker Camp Leader, Sandy Roberts
During this session we will premier the Make a Family Maker Camp T-shirt how-to video covering two simple shirt making techniques followed by a live Q&A session with Sandy Roberts.
We will apply a homemade stencil to your shirt and decorate it using either permanent markers or acrylic paint and some creative ways to use those materials to make fabric spray paint, spin art shirts, and other crazy alternatives.
Watch and comment LIVE on the Family Maker Camp FB page.
Get more project ideas in Sandy’s book, The Big Book of Maker Camp Projects and on the Kaleidoscope Enrichment sites:
- A washed t-shirt which a large empty area
- Makey stencil PDF template
- Paper card stock, freezer paper, or contact paper for your stencil
- A craft knife and cutting mat (optional)
- Sharp scissors
- Masking tape or straight pins
- Temporary spray adhesive (optional)
- Old newspapers or cardboard to protect surfaces
- Small spray bottles (reuse old ones from the around the house)
- Permanent markers
- Isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol, 70%)
- Acrylic paint
- Vinegar (optional)
- Glycerin (optional)